Also known as the Clesson Cabin, Alma's Cabin was built in 1871 and is one of the first permanent residences in the town of Alma. Designated a Park County Historic Landmark in 2005, Alma's Cabin provides an example of the type of building found during our town's early mining era.
Alma Ladies Aid Hall
This building was originally used by mining and smelting companies in the late 19th century. The Alma Ladies Aid Society acquired it in the early 20th century, and thereafter it became a hub for community engagement. Watch a video on restoration efforts on the South Park National Heritage Area's YouTube.
This facility was built to stamp and crush gold ore during the mining
boom of the late 1800s. It was last used during the 1970s by the Mount
Bross Mining Company to re-process old mine waste piles. Restoration efforts have been underway since 2004.
Completed summer 2022, the new Alma Riverwalk is a lovely public outdoor space. This project was made possible in part by a grant from the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Non-Motorized Trail program and labor came from the Southwest Conservation Corps.
Alma Stone Church
The building, originally built in 1936 by town volunteers, was lovingly restored in 2004. The Alma Foundation, the Town of Alma, and generous grants from the Colorado Historical Foundation and Park County Historic Preservation Advisory Commission made the restoration possible.